Inclination of the youth towards judiciary has been increased as being a judge is proven to be one of the most respectable & secure job. By the dawning of the year 2020, a number of competitive examinations will be found around the corner. Many judiciary examinations of several states are also lined up for the aspirants. It’s a very crucial time and only determination and right strategy would help you winning.
To help you,we have here listed out some golden tips & guidelines to crack these exams. There must be a plan of action which needs to be followed diligently.
- Go through the syllabus wisely: Whichever state examination you choose. Go through the syllabus thorougly and wisely. Syllabus vary from state to state. It is must you should have a complete information regarding the examination you are going to appear.
There are various states in India which conducts Judicial Service Examinations:
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Jammu And Kashmir
- Uttar Pradesh
All these states have their own exam patterns and syllabus which needs to be understand carefully.
2. Learn to manage your time: Time management is the key skill to be successful in life. If you have mastered it, you are one step ahead of others. Whether you have decided to study yourself or you are taking a coaching class, you should manage your time to cover maximum everyday.
3. Choose the right study material & books: Selecting the right study materials and books is the most important point one should follow. As, no one can read all the books ever, It is essential to know which books or material you should follow.
Here are some books need to be studied in order to clear a judiciary exam:
- General Knowledge – Upkar, Lucent’s General Knowledge and Arihants General Science(for static gk) and Pratiyogita Darpan (for current affairs)
- CLAT Guide
- English – Objective general English by R.S Aggarwal
- Indian Constitution – V.N Shukla, J.N Pandey, PM Bakshi
- Indian Penal Code – P.S.A. Pillai’s criminal law Book, K.D Gaur
- Indian Contract Act and the Indian Evidence Act – Avtar Singh
- Code of Civil Procedure – C.K. Takwani
- Criminal Procedure Court – R.V. Kelkar
- Torts – R.K Bangia
- Universal’s Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination
- CLAT Solved & Previous Year Paper
- 10 Years CLAT & AILET (Topic-wise Solved Papers)
4. Don’t be a bookworm, Stay updated: Yes, to clear Judiciary Exam, you should not only study but also get updated with current affairs. Read newspapers, articles and jot down the important one as your notes. This will help you a lot at the time of revision.
5. Must study well Bare Acts: Experienced and qualified candidates shares that Bare Acts of every related subjects must be studied well as this is the key to qualify the Preliminary Examination.
The candidate must master the following:
- Code of Criminal Procedure,
- Code of Civil Procedure and the Indian Evidence Act
- the Section or Article number from the Indian Contract Act.
6. Latest Judgements And Law amendments: Every candidate must be always aware of the latest amendments done and the important judgements/observation/verdict being given. Follow the websites where these informations are published on regular basis.
7. Previous years question papers: Solve old (atleast 10 year)question papers on your own and make notes of the answers. You cannot solve all of them after completing the syllabus. Thus, the best practice is to solve the questions topicwise so that you will get the maximum benefit.
8. Rewise & Re-revise: Revision will give you perfection. Thus, revise well. Make a day in every week a revision day in which you will revise whatever you have learned in the following week. Similarly, make a day or two of every month, as revision day and try to revise the syllabus been covered in that particular month. Your notes will help you in this revision session. Practice this habbit and you will find youself tension free during real exams
9. Continuous assessment of your performance: Assessment is the necessary part of the preparation. For this, you can take Online test series or Mock tests. www.divinetestseries.com is one of the best online test series & Mock test portal for Public services Examination. With the affordable cost and easy enrollment procedure, you can take the benefit. If you have joined some coaching, then regular tests in the coaching would help you knowing your position in the related topic.
10. Start Early & Believe in Yourself: Last but not the least, self believe is the most important while chasing a target. If you believe you can, you are half won. This attitude will help you in qualifying your interview as well. For this, you should start preparation since early years of your college. In other words, as you find your inclination towards public service or particularly in Judiciary, start preparing for it since then. This will help you in achieving your goal.
We are sure that by following these rules, you will be able to taste the success in Judiciary Examination.